We are looking to hire a Construction Project Manager & Estimator to join our growing team. If you're a hard-working professional, Greenberg Development & Construction Installations is a perfect company for you. Apply now!
Summary: Self-motivated, goal-oriented Estimator with intermediate communication skills who works effectively in a team environment. This position is critical to the success of Greenberg Development & Construction and the sales team and needs to demonstrate an understanding of the vision for the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Proven strong estimating skills. Capable of monitoring and supporting multiples sites, PM and projects at one time. This includes the time of inspection, planning, scheduling, cost control and closeout.
• Manage projects from start to finish from coordination of suppliers and trades with Project Coordinator through to client relationship management.
• Oversee and manage all of the estimating and preconstruction processes from estimate preparation, subcontractor solicitation through to contracting.
• Project Management and business development to determine budgeting, general conditions and strategic position for project opportunities being considered.
• Identify and select highly qualified subcontractors and solicit competitive pricing for tenders.
• Read, interpret and understand contract drawings and specifications, and maintain conformance with the same during work processes.
• Conduct a thorough analysis of tender drawings and prepare detailed and accurate quantity takeoffs.
• Demonstrate reliability, accountability and excellent customer service.
• Produce an accurate scope of work for projects.
• Review project plans and specifications and comment on the design, scheduling, possible cost-saving measures, and potential problems.
• Participate in pre-construction and project management process, including attending meetings, preparing and presenting budgets.
• Liaison and negotiate common material pricing and stocking with vendors.
• Identify and research cost-saving measures when possible.
• Prepare documentation like the scope of work, quotes, and estimates.
• Oversee budgets and costing status on job progress. Review costing and provide resolutions and planning to meet targets.
• Understand direct and enforce contractual responsibilities as well as dispute resolution.
• Proficient in computer programs and systems and a willingness to learn.
• 4+ years of experience in project management & estimating within the construction
• Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and drawings
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and general computer software
• Demonstrated knowledge of construction, engineering, and architecture principles
• Ability to budget, schedule, negotiate, and control costs
• A high degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Bilingual English/Spanish