MSI is looking for a skilled professional to fill our Sales Representative (Flooring) position in our Plymouth, MN location.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to do the following:
• Develop relationships with current customers and potential customers within specific territory
• Assist customers by providing knowledge and training company products to their store personnel, to ensure personnel is able to present product and negotiate well with consumers
• Understand our products, our market competition and how to position products to overcome these factors
• Manage displays, samples, and selling tools for customer availability.
• Understand retail business financials to consult with dealers on retail pricing, advertising, promotions and ROI.
• Quote prices, discuss credit terms and prepare sales contracts for customer orders
• Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company’s delivery schedules.
• Review and analyze various sales reports to identify sales potential with current customers and potential new customers
• Utilize any and all marketing tools such as catalogs, brochures and vendor collateral to broaden reach in territory and promote company product
• Research and analyze customer needs and demands based on market information
• Investigate and resolve customer claims/problems with deliveries, returns and credits
• Attend trade shows throughout the year as required
• Travel 40% - 80% locally, occasionally nationally and/or internationally.
• Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and Experience requirements:
• Strong math skills calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, and volume.
• Ability to determine solutions for customers.
• Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Intermediate computer proficiency.
• Valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Two (2) plus years’ experience in channel distribution sales
• Minimum of 2 years of related industry experience; natural stone, tile or hard flooring industries.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Excellent sales and negotiation skills
• Good communication and people skills
• Confidence and motivation to work toward targets
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work well alone or within a team
• Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving
• Resilience to deal with customers who turn you down
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus
If you possess the required skills and experience, we would love to meet you!
You can learn more about us online at www.msisurfaces.com or submit your resume at https://www.msisurfaces.com/careers/Search?ln=Minneapolis%2C+MN
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check, drug test, and physical exam.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered for this position. Please do not apply unless you meet all requirements.