Performs purchasing, invoicing, and administrative functions for the TP Global Sales division of Timber Products Company. Responsible for the proper and efficient flow of purchasing information and processes through the division and for maintaining communication regarding International purchasing issues between the TP Global Sales division and other departments.
• Issues purchase orders for International transactions and tracks purchases by sorting transactions through delivery and payment.
• Responsible for receiving, reviewing, and verifying invoices with bill of ladings. Initiates and authorizes wire transfers to vendors. Enters and updates purchasing information into the Company software systems.
• Receives and processes documents from vendors and forwards to customs broker for clearance.
• Completes and verifies required purchasing documents by entering and proof reading data from source materials. Enters inventory and accrual information into Company software systems.
• Assists in all phases of import procedures for International purchases, which requires preparing and submitting the proper purchasing documentation. Responsible for reviewing and verifying accuracy of paperwork and authorizing payment to customs brokers.
• Responsible for handling written and telephone correspondence with International client base. Provides information and documentation to corporate and mill staff, and customs brokers on issues related to International purchases.
• Produces reports using Excel, Word and other Company software for the International division.
• Maintains historical records by preparing folders for accounts and coordinating materials.
• Performs other miscellaneous filing and clerical support, which may include composing routine letters and memoranda; proofreading and editing International division staff correspondence and other documents; generating and/or editing reports, charts and graphs; answering and screening incoming phone calls; and maintaining filing systems.
• Back-up sales support.
• Position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 3-5 years of general office experience; an Associates Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
• Familiarity with import procedures and documentation highly desirable.
• Must have strong computer skills, including competence with the Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
• Must be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel, management, vendors, clients and customs brokers.
Founded in 1918, Timber Products Company offers a wide range of diversified wood products and specializes in hardwood plywood. The company is one of the largest material suppliers to the U.S. kitchen cabinet industry. Timber Products owns nine state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities across the United States, a major international division, and 114,000 acres of forestland in Northern California managed under the strict standards of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI®) program. Timber Products began offering products certified by the Forest Stewardship Council in 2007. The company also operates TP Trucking, a nationwide transportation division.