Richelieu is a North American market leader in the distribution, importation, and manufacturing of specialty hardware and complementary products for the kitchen and bath, storage and closet, home office, and commercial environments. Our extensive customer base includes cabinetmakers, furniture and kitchen manufacturers, residential and commercial woodworkers, kitchen and bath dealers, contractors, designers, architects, and renovation superstores. With over 110,000 product offerings, 72 distribution centers, and a state of the art field force that passionately serves over 80,000 customers, Richelieu continues to stand in the forefront of a dynamic and ever changing industry.
As Richelieu has recently celebrated 50 years of successful business since our humble beginnings in 1968, we understand the significance of a strong set of Core Values. Richelieu stands behind these Five Core Values and serve as the guiding principles of everything we do: Customer Focus, Innovation, Performance, Respect/Integrity/Ethics, and Ownership.
We are currently seeking a Kitchen & Bath Specialist to take responsibility for growing our Chicago, IL metropolitan sales region.
Being a member of the Richelieu team means that you are part of something bigger than just yourself. As a growing and winning international organization that places emphasis on its people and culture, its career development opportunities, and the realization that healthy living is in part achieved by the proper balance of work and home, we are excited to be a company that our employees are passionate about! More can be found out about us at Richelieu.com as well as Richelieu YouTube.
As a critical and meaningful role within the Richelieu organization, the Kitchen & Bath Specialist is responsible for the overall relationship and management of day-to-day sales activities towards Kitchen & Bath dealers in his/her provided territory. You will successfully manage the sales of Richelieu decorative hardware solutions through structured consultative sales discussions, ultimately serving as a business advisor towards your customers. By positioning yourself as an indispensable resource, you will enable your customers to solve problems and increase business results. In turn, you will be building a thriving business of your own.
• Identify key major account opportunities within the Kitchen & Bath Dealer segment, driving substantial decorative hardware sales growth in the region
• Schedule and hold face-to-face meetings with new and existing customers, learning about their business and how Richelieu product solutions can enhance their results
• Maintain accountability for the growth of your provided territory, both through new customer acquisition as well as the development of existing relationships
• Identify and analyze past buying patterns of current accounts, and brainstorm ways to become their stronger, more inclusive supplier
• Provide a state of the art customer service experience, positioning yourself as their desired one-stop-shop
• Educate yourself on, and continuously stay up to date with, Richelieu’s product offerings as well as ever-changing market conditions and competitive analysis
• Hold responsibility for system information and reporting in CRM application
• 3+ years of successful solutions/consultative-based outside sales experience towards the Kitchen & Bath dealer segment
• Passionate, proactive, coachable, strong work ethic
• Ability to schedule and manage your own time, delivering on the activities that produce results
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Developed analytical, planning, organizing, and monitoring skills
• Experience in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software an asset
• University degree
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive market-based salary plus commission and bonus
• Monthly car allowance and covered fuel
• Business expense reimbursement
• Group insurance program (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, etc.)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Company phone
• Paid vacation