Looking for an enthusiastic interior design candidate with employment experience in kitchen and bath category to join our team as a junior interior designer. Candidate should have strong drawing skills, a passion for residential interior design, be organized and eager to learn. Qualified recent grads will be considered. Looking for local candidates only.
Provide support to Senior Designers/Sales staff to help prepare design drawings and proposals for elaborate interior design projects using Chief Architect, AutoCAD and MS Office. Additional activities include pricing of custom cabinetry and the gathering specifications for other materials, needed trades, services and field measures. On the job training is provided.
Competitive compensation and benefits including; BCBS medical, dental, and retirement plan provided with employer contributions.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Create detailed drawings from sketches – floor plans, elevations,
renderings, and construction drawings in Chief Architect or AutoCAD
• Maintenance of drawings, electronic files, and prints
• Assisting in field measures
• Preparation of proposals, including client job pricing, and presentations
• Assisting designers and client’s with selections – tile, counter materials,
• Job costing and specifications with vendor on line pricing programs
• Some administrative tasks, required, answering phones as needed,
customer and vendor contact and specific showroom assignments
• Working an occasional Saturday at receptionist desk and as back up to
Senior Designers on floor
Essential Characteristics & Preferred Skills:
• AutoCAD & Chief Architect training and skills
• An understanding of kitchen and bath design parameters as per NKBA
• Working knowledge or exposure to custom cabinetry detailing & ordering,
and residential construction
• A firm commitment to provide exemplary customer service to clients
and studio guests
• Dedication to accuracy and ability to take initiative on projects
• Strong organization, communication skills and effective time
• Ability to excel in team environment
• Ability to take direction and complete tasks on time
• Strong Math skills
• Degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, Architecture or
• Residential Interior design experience – internship or employment
• NKBA involvement or training a plus
About Drury Design
Drury Design is an award-winning, designer lead remodeling firm specializing in kitchen, bath and home remodeling. Established in 1987 by Gail Drury, CMKBD, Drury Design’s unique design approach integrates design solutions and construction management into one seamless customer experience. An 8,500 sq. Studio in Glen Ellyn, Illinois serves as the design center to assist clients in this process.
All resumes and inquiries will be kept confidential. For more information about Drury Design, visit www.drurydesigns.com.