The NKBA has developed this guide to help chapters find speakers and topics for their monthly chapter meetings and events. We hope this program will aid you in providing your chapter with exceptional speakers and programs designed to increase your member involvement.
The list contains NKBA recommended speakers, including many who have previously presented their program at KBIS’s Voices From the Industry. The list includes their topic descriptions and bios and is categorized into four general tracks – Business Management, Focus on the Customers, Design & Inspiration and Sales & Marketing. All of the programs are approved for .1 CEU.
The program guidelines are as follows:
- NKBA to allow up to 140 visits per year (two per chapter)
- Speaker fee to be paid by National to individual chosen from list
- Airfare up to $650.00 paid by National – speaker must make plans ahead through Travel Leaders
- Chapter pays hotel – one night only, and transportation to and from the airport
- Second visit for a chapter – NKBA to pay speaker fee, chapter to pay all other fees
- Chapter to pick a speaker and contact that individual directly to make all arrangements which also includes any audio/visual needs
- Chapter Presentation Program speakers must be NKBA members
When a date is confirmed:
- Chapter must submit a speaker request form to National.
- National will then send out Speaker Agreement for signatures. (Without signed agreement, payment will not be processed and chapter will be billed).
The NKBA encourages its chapters to seek out sponsors to help defer the cost of chapter meetings and offer its members the opportunity to learn about new products and services available to them. However, since chapter meeting sponsorship is a benefit (the opportunity to advertise products and services to potential buyers), NKBA policy requires that sponsors* of chapter events/activities must be members of the NKBA. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact the NKBA at (800) THE-NKBA (843-6522).
Our best resource for updating the guide is chapter recommendations. Please contact the NKBA if you have been especially pleased with a speaker. Conversely, if you used the guide to find a speaker and your attendees were exceptionally disappointed with the presentation, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* This includes sponsors that are in the kitchen and bath industry; excludes banks, insurance companies, wineries, realtors, etc.