Design-Build Residential Construction Estimator
We are a design-build construction company looking for a motivated construction estimator to add to our team and assist with our residential construction projects, both new homes and remodeling. A glimpse of the daily tasks: providing estimates, pricing, and costs to the ownership on a variety of assignments and projects, ranging from large-scale renovations to small remodels. The Estimator manages the bids in a manner consistent with the standards of quality and integrity of our design-build company. Fast paced business with potential for serious growth. Competitive pay and benefits.
Canty Brothers Construction is a veteran owned & operated company specializing in high quality home remodeling, commercial renovation, custom home building and design. We serve the Metrowest / Greater Boston / Central Massachusetts area. Allow our dedicated Canty Brothers team, led by owner John Canty, including project managers, carpenters and designers, to bring their extensive knowledge and expertise in delivering complete customer satisfaction and exceptional service in making your dream home a reality.
Responsibilities & Requirements
• Prepare cost estimates for bids and negotiated proposals.
• Manage and take lead on all aspects of estimates for assigned projects.
• Ability to develop accurate conceptual cost models, understand design-build construction methods, productivity, equipment, systems, and materials.
• 5 years’ experience in construction estimation. (Design-Build Construction Preferred)
• Collaborate with construction team during pre-construction phase efforts.
• Investigates value engineering and cost saving opportunities
• Explores cost saving opportunities to differentiate estimates from typical competitors.
• Develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with subcontractors as well as vendors.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Present final deliverables and estimates to ownership for sign-off.
• Update and manage project management system with on-going project estimate details (dates, vendors, quantities, P.O.’s, etc..).
• Must have exceptional organizational skills.
• Resumes need to be well constructed, accurate, spell checked, etc... which shows attention to detail with the desire to do a great job.
• Thorough understanding of the construction industry.
• The list of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.