Richelieu is a North American market leader in the distribution, importation, and manufacturing of specialty hardware and complementary products for the kitchen and bath, storage and closet, home office, and commercial environments. Our extensive customer base includes cabinetmakers, furniture and kitchen manufacturers, residential and commercial woodworkers, kitchen and bath dealers, contractors, designers, architects, and renovation superstores. With over 110,000 product offerings, 72 distribution centers, and a state of the art field force that passionately serves over 80,000 customers, Richelieu continues to stand in the forefront of a dynamic and ever changing industry.
As Richelieu has recently celebrated 50 years of successful business since our humble beginnings in 1968, we understand the significance of a strong set of Core Values. Richelieu stands behind these Five Core Values and serve as the guiding principles of everything we do: Customer Focus, Innovation, Performance, Respect/Integrity/Ethics, and Ownership.
These values provide Richelieu the strength to live out our daily Mission: Enable our customers to profitably grow their businesses through the design and creation of exceptional kitchens, closets, and storage spaces.
We are currently seeking an Architectural Specifications Representative to take responsibility for growing our Charlotte, NC region.
Being a member of the Richelieu team means that you are part of something bigger than just yourself. As a growing and winning international organization that places emphasis on its people and culture, its career development opportunities, and the realization that healthy living is in part achieved by the proper balance of work and home, we are excited to be a company that our employees are passionate about! More can be found out about us at Richelieu.com as well as Richelieu YouTube.
As a critical and meaningful role within the Richelieu organization, the Architectural Specifications Representative is responsible for gathering specifications from architects, designers, and general contractors in order to increase market awareness of the Richelieu brand. Working alongside local outside sales representatives, you will be responsible for the coordination many aspects of a project, from specification phase to the sharing of sales opportunities to outside sales representatives for closing of the sale. By continuously building and strengthening relationships with both current as well as prospective customers, you are positioning yourself and Richelieu as your clients’ all-inclusive provider of specialty hardware and complimentary products.
• Continuously develop and nurture strong relationships with architects, designers, and general contractors
• Schedule and hold face-to-face meetings and lunch & learns with new and existing customers, learning about current and upcoming projects and illustrating how Richelieu's solutions can enhance their results
• Partner with outside sales representatives by joining them on customer sales calls in order to better see/understand Richelieu's business
• Manage specifications and share sales opportunities with outside sales representatives
• Identify and analyze past specification patterns of current accounts, and brainstorm ways to become their stronger, more inclusive supplier
• Provide educational training on products and developments to the A&D community
• Provide a state of the art customer service experience, positioning yourself as their desired one-stop-shop
• Educate yourself on, and continuously stay up to date with, Richelieu’s product offerings as well as ever-changing market conditions and competitive analysis
• Hold responsibility for system information and reporting in CRM application
What We Are Looking For
• 1-2 years of successful experience as a Specifications Representative, Designer, or similar experience within the K&B industry
• Knowledge/understanding of the K&B design industry, stays up to date with the latest trends
• Ability to schedule and manage your own time, delivering on the activities that produce results
• Proactive, high energy, coachable, strong work ethic
• Developed design, communication, analytical, and organizational skills
• Experience in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
• University degree in Interior Design is an asset
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive market-based salary plus bonus
• Monthly car allowance and covered fuel
• Business expense reimbursement
• Group insurance program (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, etc.)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Company smart phone and tablet
• Paid vacation
• Company discount program
• Workplace Wellness program