Richelieu is a North American market leader in the distribution, importation, and manufacturing of specialty hardware and complementary products for the kitchen and bath, storage and closet, home office, and commercial environments. Our extensive customer base includes cabinetmakers, furniture and kitchen manufacturers, residential and commercial woodworkers, kitchen and bath dealers, contractors, designers, architects, and renovation superstores. With over 110,000 product offerings, 72 distribution centers, and a state of the art field force that passionately serves over 80,000 customers, Richelieu continues to stand in the forefront of a dynamic and ever changing industry.
As Richelieu has recently celebrated 50 years of successful business since our humble beginnings in 1968, we understand the significance of a strong set of Core Values. Richelieu stands behind these Five Core Values and serve as the guiding principles of everything we do: Customer Focus, Innovation, Performance, Respect/Integrity/Ethics, and Ownership.
These values provide Richelieu the strength to live out our daily Mission: Enable our customers to profitably grow their businesses through the design and creation of exceptional kitchens, closets, and storage spaces.
We are seeking a General Manager to take full operational responsibility for our Texas market. This is inclusive of both our Houston as well as Dallas distribution center locations.
Being a member of the Richelieu team means that you are part of something bigger than just yourself. As a growing and winning international organization that places emphasis on its people and culture, its career development opportunities, and the realization that healthy living is in part achieved by the proper balance of work and home, we are excited to be a company that our employees are passionate about! More can be found out about us at Richelieu.com as well as Richelieu YouTube.
As a vital role charged with the management of people, processes, and overall company performance, the General Manager will be responsible for all phases of business including sales growth, warehouse operations, and customer service.
- Play a major role in the growth of regional sales, both through new business acquisition as well as the development of existing customer relationships
- Provide leadership, support, and organization to Sales Managers, Operations Managers, and Branch Managers
- Maintain accountability for complete P&L, taking full responsibility for the growth and success of the Texas market
- Ensure an effective flow of communication with all personnel involved in the follow-up of customer service and shipping/receiving duties
- Oversee and ensure all logistics-related operations comply with applicable environmental, health, safety, and other regulatory rules and regulations
- Hold overall responsibility for the hiring, supervising, and developing of employees for the purpose of achieving company goals and objectives
- Establish and execute strategies to improve on our existing processes, procedures, and methods, ensuring efficiency throughout all departments
- Maintain a detailed awareness of daily KPI’s with regards to sales and operations performance
- Instill and drive a positive working culture by leading from the front, creating an environment that individuals desire to be a part of
What We Are Looking For
- 10+ years of related sales and operations business management experience from within the wholesale specialty hardware, building materials, construction, or industrial supply industries
- Sales-driven and commercially-minded background/experience
- Deep knowledge/understanding of complete branch office operations
- Well developed, hands-on, prestige-less, and no-nonsense leader
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels internally, as well as with suppliers and customers
- KPI oriented, well organized
- University degree
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive market-based salary plus bonus
- Monthly car allowance and covered fuel
- Business expense reimbursement
- Group insurance program (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, etc.)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Company phone and laptop
- Paid vacation
- Company discount program
- Workplace Wellness program