Richelieu is a North American market leader in the distribution, importation, and manufacturing of specialty hardware and complementary products for the kitchen and bath, storage and closet, home office, and commercial environments. Our extensive customer base includes cabinetmakers, furniture and kitchen manufacturers, residential and commercial woodworkers, kitchen and bath dealers, contractors, designers, architects, and renovation superstores. With over 110,000 product offerings, 72 distribution centers, and a state-of-the-art field force that passionately serves over 80,000 customers, Richelieu continues to stand in the forefront of a dynamic and ever-changing industry.
As Richelieu has recently celebrated 50 years of successful business since our humble beginnings in 1968, we understand the significance of a strong set of Core Values. Richelieu stands behind these Five Core Values and serve as the guiding principles of everything we do: Customer Focus, Innovation, Performance, Respect/Integrity/Ethics, and Ownership.
These values are what provides Richelieu the strength to live out our daily Mission: Enable our customers to profitably grow their businesses through the design and creation of exceptional kitchens, closets, and storage spaces.
We are currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager that will be responsible for leading a sales team to grow our Mid-Atlantic sales region. Our preference is that the selected candidate be based in either eastern Pennsylvania or northern New Jersey.
Being a member of the Richelieu team means that you are part of something bigger than just yourself. As a growing and winning international organization that places emphasis on its people and culture, its career development opportunities, and the realization that healthy living is in part achieved by the proper balance of work and home, we are excited to be a company that our employees are passionate about! More can be found out about us at Richelieu.com as well as Richelieu YouTube.
As a vital role charged with the growth and development of both people and business, this Regional Sales Manager is responsible for growing Richelieu’s sales with existing as well as new customers through the successful leadership of their outside sales team. The RSM will ensure that costs are in control, affect a high level of employee drive and motivation, and provide quality training towards their sales force.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of 6-12 Territory Sales Representatives covering a territory including eastern Pennsylvania, lower New York state, and all of New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland
- Join team of Territory Sales Representatives on field sales calls with existing and prospective customers, providing positive as well as constructive feedback
- Provide ongoing training and development towards the sales team including consultative selling skills, effective business-building methodologies, and product knowledge
- Affect a high level of employee drive, passion, and team morale
- Direct and monitor all sales activities for the region, maintaining accountability for required budgets and sales targets
- Manage individual sales representative performance by setting clear expectations and promoting a high-performance culture
- Establish and monitor a proper product mix in order to maximize gross margin
- Coordinate promotions with the sales and marketing teams
- Be responsible for organizing and leading Regional Sales Meetings in assigned territory
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years of experience leading a 5+ person outside sales team within the wholesale building materials or industrial supply industries
- A strong, prestige-less, hands-on leader
- Proactive and autonomous, also working well as part of a larger team
- Developed analytical, planning, and monitoring skills
- Experience in effectively utilizing and promoting the usage of a CRM system
- University degree
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive market-based salary plus monthly commission, quarterly and annual bonus
- Monthly car allowance and covered fuel
- Business expense reimbursement
- Group insurance program (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, etc.)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Company smart phone
- Paid vacation
- Company discount program
- Workplace Wellness program