We are looking for artistic, detail-oriented candidates with good interpersonal skills for the position as a Junior Interior Designer within our company, Housewarming Seattle. The Junior Designer's key responsibilities include working directly with the Lead Designer to visualize and draw design plans as per client goals, sourcing products and materials, determining costs and inspecting construction to ensure alignment with design specifications are met. You will also be expected to comply with the regulatory environment around inspections and building codes.
Good Interior Designers are able to think creatively about the use of space, color and movement and will draw on other artistic mediums for creative inspiration. They will also be effective communicators with the ability to persuade in communicating a design idea. The ideal candidate for this position will be a designer with the hunger to grow internally, our lead designer will act as a mentor and assist you in achieving your goals as a designer so that in the future you will have a book of clients and a Jr. Designer of your own.
Interior Designer Responsibilities:
• Outline client design objectives.
• Conceptualize and sketch design plans.
• Determine cost of completion and project requirements in the budgeting phase.
• Set a timeline for the completion of an interior design project.
• Source materials and products included in plans.
• Create “design pallet” to sample your design vision.
• Utilize computer applications in the design process.
• Inspect design after completion to determine whether client goals have been met.
• Create and update marketing material for social platforms and website (including blog).
• Meet with clients to review design/specifications etc.
Junior Interior Designer Requirements:
• Associates degree in Interior Design or related field.
• Extraordinary taste in FFE Selections.
• Portfolio of design work.
• Project management experience.
• Highly creative, imaginative and artistic.
• Excellent communication skills, especially in regard to communicating an artistic vision.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop, SketchUp or similar design software.
Junior Interior Designer Preferred Background:
• Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related field.
• 2 years of working experience in Interior Design or related field.
Flexible Schedule, ~32 hours/week to start
Our goal is simple: make you happy! To exceed your expectations, and fulfill your dreams in optimizing your space—for life and work. We blend practical function and safety considerations with inspiring solutions that help you fall in love all over again with your home or office. Be design, staging, organizing or transition support, our collaborative, accessible approach is tailored to invite you into the process without overwhelming you.