The International Business Manager has bottom line profit responsibility for TP Global, the Import/Export division of Timber products. TP Global offers imported wood panels at competitive prices, and brings offshore substrates to our plants. The manager is responsible for developing and maintaining a strategy and business plan to maximize the company’s market brand, knowledge, and access to customers. This role covers the purchasing, logistics and sales aspects of the business. This business is autonomous to the sales organization affiliated with Timber Products Manufacturing, however, it is expected to work in collaboration and cooperation with that group to maximize opportunity.
• Provide leadership and management to ensure the business operates within the guidelines of our mission and core values for the company.
• Drive the business to achieve profitability by maintaining existing product channels and cultivating new opportunities.
• Collaborate with the executive team to develop and implement plans and programs that are within the parameters of the company’s strategy and corporate objectives.
• Ensure all transactions are conducted with due care and in compliance with all state, federal, and international laws and regulations.
• Grow, manage and mentor the international team.
• Foster an environment of achieving success and being accountable.
• Provide on-going and necessary reports.
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for the degree.
• Must demonstrate good business acumen, communication skills, problem solving and financial management.
• Must be able to establish good work relationships and drive the business to achieve the desired results.
• This job will require some international travel.
Founded in 1918, Timber Products Company offers a wide range of diversified wood products and specializes in hardwood plywood. The company is one of the largest material suppliers to the U.S. kitchen cabinet industry. Timber Products owns nine state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities across the United States, a major international division, and 114,000 acres of forestland in Northern California managed under the strict standards of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI®) program. Timber Products began offering products certified by the Forest Stewardship Council in 2007. The company also operates TP Trucking, a nationwide transportation division.