c|s DESIGN STUDIO LLC is a DC Metro based interior design firm located in Clifton, VA specializing in programming, planning, material selections, lighting design and cabinet design for the custom home market. We are set apart by our collaborative ability to provide an organized, streamlined and seamless process to guide our clients from initial phases of design to completion. We are looking for a hardworking, motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, a very strong work ethic, be willing to grow/learn and be a team player.
Candidates are expected to provide assistance and be involved in all phases of the design process including presentation packages, follow-up on all specifications, communication between vendors and clients (architects, builders and homeowners), as well as any other design related activity. The candidate should be proficient in Chief Architect, be comfortable preparing client presentations, as well as quoting, placing and tracking cabinet orders.
General office tasks may be required, such as managing the senior designers schedules, making and confirming vendor appointments, ordering samples, attending cabinet deliveries and miscellaneous office support to the office manager and senior design staff.
• This is a full time position, approximately 40 hours per week.
• Primary hours of work are normal business hours, Monday through Friday.
• Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or other relevant field (from an accredited institution)
• 1-3 years of experience in residential interior design
• Knowledge of cabinetry design and experience quoting and ordering cabinetry
• Knowledge of residential construction
• Proficiency in Chief Architect and Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Power Point and Word)
• Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines
• Possess strong verbal, written and visual communication skills with all levels of employees, management and outside parties
• Demonstrate creative abilities and applied problem-solving skills
• Strong abilities to work in a team setting and achieve results through collaboration and sharing
• Proven ability to self-manage and demonstrate high level of professional maturity
• Must be quality minded and self motivated
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
If you feel you meet the above requirements and have a passion for interior design and construction, we would love to hear from you! Our design firm offers an excellent opportunity to learn and grow under the supervision of experienced and passionate designers.