Join MSI the recipient of the 2018 Top Work Places award!
Founded in 1975, MSI is the leading supplier of premium surfaces in the U.S. - including flooring, countertops, decorative mosaics and wall tile, and hardscaping products. The company offers an extensive selection of quartz, natural stone, porcelain, ceramic, luxury vinyl tile and glass among other materials. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI has distribution centers across the United States and Canada and maintains over 150 million square feet of inventory, imported from over 36 different countries on six continents. For more information on MSI, visit msisurfaces.com.
We provide our employees with great benefits that feature programs like employee medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k contribution (up to 4% of your base salary), as well as vacation time.
MSI is looking for a skilled professional to fill our Sales Representative positions in our Charlotte, North Carolina location.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to do the following:
• Develops relationships with large architectural firms, design firms and specifies MSI materials.
• Develops relationships with large commercial contractors, developers, and specifies MSI materials.
• Presents MSI products, such as Natural Stone, Slab, Tile, Hardscape, Porcelain tile/pavers, Mosaics and Quartz.
• Understands our products, our market competition and how to position products to overcome these factors.
• Identifies top architectural & design firms (including commercial sectors) in the market, and performs product knowledge luncheon with firms.
• Manage displays, samples, and selling tools for customer availability.
• Understand retail business financials to consult with dealers on retail pricing, advertising, promotions and ROI.
• Quote prices, discuss credit terms and prepare sales contracts for customer orders.
• Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company’s delivery schedules.
• Review and analyze various sales reports to identify sales potential with current customers and new customers.
• Utilize any and all marketing tools such as catalogs, brochures and vendor collateral to broaden reach in territory and promote company product.
• Research and analyze customer needs and demands based on market information.
• Investigate and resolve customer claims/problems with deliveries, returns and credits.
• Attend trade shows throughout the year as required.
• Travel 40% - 80% locally, occasionally nationally and/or internationally.
• Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and Experience requirements:
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Strong math skills calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, and volume.
• Ability to determine solutions for customers.
• Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Intermediate computer proficiency.
• Valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Minimum of 2 years of related industry experience; must have experience with commercial sales targeting large commercial contractors, and developers.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Excellent sales and negotiation skills
• Good communication and people skills
• Confidence and motivation to work toward targets
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work well alone or within a team
• Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving
• Resilience to deal with customers who turn you down
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus
If you possess the required skills and experience, we would love to meet you!
You can learn more about us online at www.msisurfaces.com or submit your resume at https://www.msisurfaces.com/careers/Search?ln=Charlotte%2C+NC
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check, drug test, and physical exam.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered for this position. Please do not apply unless you meet all requirements.