O'Brien Wood & Iron is a full-service building company that handles new construction, additions, remodels, renovations, and restorations as well as woodworking and millwork. We are based in Portland, Maine, and our focus is on providing excellent customer service and quality craftsmanship with great attention to detail.
We are looking for a Lead Carpenter to join our growing team.
The right candidate will have:
• a minimum of 6 years of experience in the custom residential construction sector with 2 years minimum experience as a Lead Carpenter;
• expert knowledge in custom residential construction;
• excellent communication skills;
• the ability to successfully manage a team;
• an excellent attitude, work ethic, an eye for detail and the ability to work as part of a team;
• reliable, construction-appropriate transportation; and
• a Maine Driver's License in good standing.
Being a good fit with our existing crew is critical.
• day to day management of renovation and new construction projects.
• organization of a crew of 2-4 carpenters.
• scheduling and organization of subcontractors.
• ordering and management of materials.
• maintenance of a safe, clean, and organized jobsite.
This is a full-time position averaging 35-40 hours per week. OBWI offers:
• Competitive Pay (commensurate with experience)
• Year round work
• Paid holidays and time-off
• Health & Dental Insurance
• A Positive Work Environment and Opportunity for Advancement
Interested applicants should submit the following:
• Cover letter
• List of at least three references with contact information
We will contact qualified candidates to set up interviews. Work can begin immediately for the right individual.