Mead Lumber Company is a leading provider of products to professional contractors, construction builders and remodelers. We have 40 locations across 7 Midwestern states. 100% employee-owned, we are the 26th largest building material suppliers to professional builders in the country. We continue to grow through acquisitions and are in search of driven individuals who desire an opportunity to grow and apply their skills to help us attain our goals.
Cabinet Designer Job Summary:
This position is responsible for providing kitchen and bath cabinetry design services and sales consultation for contractors, remodelers and homeowners. We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic candidates who will provide exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities & Duties of Cabinet Designer:
• Guide customers through kitchen/bath layout design and product selection process.
• Read and review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other building information received from customers.
• Create custom designs for customers using 20/20 design software, ensuring all required installation notes and details are captured in the design plan.
• Evaluate feasibility of design ideas, based on factors such as appearance, function, serviceability, budget and market trends.
• Present designs and reports to customers for approval.
• Modify and refine designs to conform to customer specifications, production limitations or building plan modifications.
• Ensure conformance to all relevant building requirements and municipality building codes.
• Assist sales and customer service staff on technical aspects of customer inquiries.
• Work closely with customers throughout the project and promptly address concerns.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements of Cabinet Designer:
• Motivated self-starter
• Positive and energetic attitude
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong understanding of organizing and prioritizing
• Ability to form strong relationships with customers
• Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to read and understand blueprints and architectural drawings
• Ability to work flexible schedules, including weekends
• High school diploma, General Education Degree (GED), Associate’s Degree, or Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of one (1) years in estimating and product ordering experience
• Design or estimating background preferred
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Mead Lumber offers competitive pay and benefit package including:
• Paid Holidays • 401(k)
• Vacation & sick time • ESOP
• Group Medical & Dental insurance • Dependent Education Assistance
Mead Lumber considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, pregnancy, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or any other protected basis prohibited by law.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer