MSI is looking for a skilled professional to fill our Sales Representative (Flooring and Tile Sales) in covering the New England Area.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to do the following:
• Develops relationships with current customers and potential customers within specific territory
• Assist customers by providing knowledge and training company products to their store personnel, to ensure personnel is able to present product and negotiate well with consumers
• Understands our products, our market competition and how to position products to overcome these factors
• Manages displays, samples, and selling tools for customer availability.
• Understands retail business financials to consult with dealers on retail pricing, advertising, promotions and ROI.
• Quotes prices, discusses credit terms and prepares sales contracts for customer orders
• Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company’s delivery schedules.
• Review and analyze various sales reports to identify sales potential with current customers and potential new customers
• Utilize any and all marketing tools such as catalogs, brochures and vendor collateral to broaden reach in territory and promote company product
• Researches and analyzes customer needs and demands based on market information
• Investigates and resolves customer claims/problems with deliveries, returns and credits
• Attends trade shows throughout the year as required
• Travels 40% - 80% locally, occasionally nationally and/or internationally.
• Performs additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and Experience requirements:
• Strong math skills calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, and volume.
• Strong Commercial Sales experience is required
• Ability to determine solutions for customers.
• Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Valid driver’s license
• EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred. H.S. Diploma Required.
• Two (2) plus years’ preferably previous Slab/Tile Sales experience.
• Minimum 2 years of related industry experience, Quartz, natural stone, tile, Slab, Countertop and/or flooring Sales Experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving
• Excellent oral and written English language communication skills
• Provide high level of customer service
• Good organizational skills
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus
If you possess the required skills and experience, we would love to meet you!
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check, drug test, and physical exam.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered for this position. Please do not apply unless you meet all requirements.