Location: CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA
Accounting Manager performs various tasks in support of the accounting operations of the company. Directs and controls the organization’s overall financial plans, policies, accounting principles, practices and procedures for the maintenance of its fiscal records and the preparation of its financial reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops and coordinates necessary and appropriate accounting and statistical data, reports for general and property accounting, cost accounting, and budgetary control.
• Directs relationships with lending institutions, shareholders and the financial community.
• Coordinate financial audits with Controller and CFO
• Oversees accounting operations that may include billing, A/R, A/P and data entry tasks via accounting staff.
• Acts as change of agent to implement new systems, process, procedures
• Manage and comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Directs such functions as treasury, budgeting, tax, accounting, information systems, real estate, insurance activities, and various administrative functions for the organization.
• Appraises operating results in terms of costs, budgets, operating policies, trends and increased profit opportunities.
• May support preparation of multi-year financial forecast, budgets, and long range plans.
• Stays current with technology and business theory to promote accounting effectiveness and manage the information technology systems to maintain consistency of data and system efficiency.
• Provides accounting training within the organization to promote understanding of and compliance with internal accounting control systems and procedures. Accurate product costing to promote effective marketing decisions.
• Safeguards company assets.
• Proven experience in leading and managing a team of employees in various financial disciplines.
• Proven leadership and team building skills by establishing, or recommending, to management improvement and streamlining activities, and strategies to meet objectives and business results.
• Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills to analyze and report studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the organization’s policies and operations.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor or required by the business.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or economics is required. MBA or CPA is preferred.
• Extensive manufacturing experience, lean manufacturing preferred
• Five to eight years of experience and proficient knowledge of the following: Financial Reporting (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Management Reporting, Cost Accounting (variance analysis and reporting), Planning (financial analysis and forecasting), Capital Expenditure (analysis and forecasting), Cost System
(design and improvement), Cash Management
• High level of knowledge of GAAP
• Effective management and communication skills to deal with a diversity of key contacts
• Excellent 10-key speed and accuracy
• Commitment to detailed financial accounting and reporting
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Familiarity with general accounting procedures.
• Must be well organized and attentive to detail and accuracy.
• High proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite-Excel and Word
• Must have excellent and clear communication skills both verbal and written.
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION
• Physical/Mental Demands (Essential Functions): Ability to access and observe all areas of facility. Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities/deadlines and moderate stress. Ability to communicate with others.
• Physical/Mental Demands (Non-Essential Functions): Bending, stretching, reaching, and lifting.