Assists in sales presentations with prospective customers (consumers, specifiers, builders) and drive sales to our local dealers via customer referrals. Support the marketing activities of the showroom, assist with customer demonstrations and classes, and day-to-day administrative functions. Assist with dealer/DSM training events and training materials to support field sales efforts. This is full time position that may require the ability to work a minimum of two Saturdays a month, occasional evenings and some overnight travel
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform product sales presentations for individual consumer’s showroom appointments on a daily basis.
• Assist with and/or perform monthly/bi-monthly consumer demonstrations and classes.
• Performs daily follow-up correspondence and phone calls to showroom customers, DM's and trade professionals.
• Use selling skills to uncover customer needs and direct them to the appropriate product.
• May assist customers in placing orders directly with a dealer.
• Assist in creating marketing materials including social media and materials for showroom.
• Manage social media for showroom including weekly posts, event news and responding to customer comments.
• Assist in showroom administrative duties, including but not limited to: booking showroom appointments, taking customer calls, cooking class registrations, maintaining contact lists, DM communication, and appliance maintenance.
• Assist in dealer training materials and events, as needed.
• May develop relationships with local designers by attending monthly NKBA and ASID events.
• Complete special projects and/or all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Associates Degree from a college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• 1-2 years of retail sales experience.
• Proficiency in all MS applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher) to support showroom functions.
• Proficient organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Experience with social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube.
• Excellent written and verbal skills to reflect a professional image when communicating with customers, DM's and trade professionals.
Excellent selling and follow-up skills to take leads from appointments to actual sale, and address customer & DM questions.
• Excellent presentation skills to support product and consumer demonstrations.
• Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimum supervision. Must know how to prepare meals as part of the training requirement and presentations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Engaging personality and strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Able to work independently and collaboratively with teams
• Ability to manage and interpret reports and data to create action and to grow the business
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
• Entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter
• Interest and knowledge in high end luxury appliances
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION
• Physical/Mental Demands (Essential Functions): Sitting for long periods,
• Physical/Mental Demands (Non Essential Functions): Bending, stretching, and reaching.
• Travel: Minimal travel for training or to attend business meetings.