Support Business Development and Operations with accurately setting, maintaining and tracking customer pricing. This role takes on the responsibility of maintaining product pricing; prepare cost and price proposals, updating pricing policies and programs ensuring a balance of fair and competitive pricing across dealer and customer base. Must exercise high level good judgment and business acumen to maintain a balance between the needs of our customer base and company’s revenue and profit targets. This role functions in collaboration with Product Marketing, Finance, and Supply Chain teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Enter and analyze pricing and sales data, and confirms accuracy.
• Produce, analyze and update forecasts for sales and pricing models.
• Analyze data, communicate findings and suggest pricing strategies based on trends.
• Process and update contracts, metrics and cover letters about pricing.
• Partner across departments to set promotional prices, communicate sales initiatives and standardize formats.
• The role will be responsible for verifying all inputs used within the pricing model and ensuring that all customer pricing is accurately maintained. They will be focused on margin evaluation and identify opportunities to increase margin within existing accounts and prospects associated with our pricing methodology.
• Maintain product pricing based on various daily, weekly, and monthly reports
• Assist in positioning all products at a competitive price as dictated by industry market trends and current MSRP.
• Effective use of reporting to determine what products will be shown or removed based on sales history, new introductory status or closeout status
• Effective use of outside vendor reporting tools that monitor competitors pricing.
• Maintain product pricing on time sensitive vendor initiatives such as promotions and rebates
• Create, manage and maintain all required data that relates to product definitions/configurations changes including Materials, BoMs, List Price records and other supporting data
• Define saleable products and options and pricing in collaboration with Product Managers
• Work with the operations teams, customer service, supply chain to ensure product structures will support fulfillment, production and supply chain processes.
• Assist in documenting estimating system policies and procedures
• Compile documentation to support impact of price and market changes.
• Troubleshoot pricing anomalies and inconsistencies.
• Provide pricing and customer analysis as requested.
• Prepare analysis for key and discretionary-priced customers and suggest changes for optimal margin enhancement.
• Assist in Ad Hoc reports for pricing analysis and assist in KPI reporting
• Review bills of material and recommend the optimum price strategy and levels.
• Support and report on local and corporate margin enhancement initiatives.
•Analyze sales data for results and to identify profit opportunities.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor or required by the business.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• BA/BS degree is required with degree in business administration, market research, statistics or a related field.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as pricing or financial analyst
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Must be well organized and attentive to detail and accuracy.
• High proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite-Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Must have excellent and clear communication skills both verbal and written.
• Strong math skills and the ability to see pricing patterns and trends are necessary for this position.
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION
• Physical/Mental Demands (Essential Functions): Ability to access and observe all areas of facility. Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities/deadlines and moderate stress. Ability to communicate with others.
• Physical/Mental Demands (Non-Essential Functions): Bending, stretching, reaching, and lifting