Neil Kelly Company has thrived as a family-owned residential design-build remodeling business for over 70 years. We are currently looking for a charismatic Design Consultant to add to our team in Seattle. The Design Consultant is the gateway for clients into our design-build process, and is responsible for creating and selling innovative and high-quality designs. Neil Kelly Company offers Design Consultants the unique satisfaction of guiding clients through projects from inception through actualization, and building relationships that can span multiple projects over years. Successful candidates must be rainmakers who can work as part of a project team that includes the client, Design Associates, Project Manager, Carpenters, and others.
If you would like to be a part of this growing and thriving organization, please apply at https://www.neilkelly.com/careers/.
Benefits and Compensation
• 100% Commission, with monthly salary as draw against commission
• First 3 months paid training
• Health/vision/dental benefit Plans
• Cell phone reimbursement - $55 month
Essential Functions of the Job
• Work with prospective clients to determine project needs, budget, and financing requirements.
• Assist clients with obtaining financing, as needed.
• Designing, estimating, presenting, and selling the project, with the support of the project team and outside resources, as needed.
• Securing client approval for the project contract, specifications, sketches or plans, cost sheet, selections, financing documents, and legal documentation.
• Managing the design and sales process with clients and Neil Kelly teammates.
• Pricing materials, labor and trade contractor costs to develop a firm price contract.
• Reviewing of job cost status provided by the Project Manager on a regular basis.
• Coordinating the billing process with the office staff (down payments, progress payments and final billing) and reviewing for accuracy.
• Generating leads in company workshops, seminars and through participating in professional industry organizations.
• Participating in company special events, and showroom floor hours.
• Ensure client satisfaction throughout project, and at project completion.
What does it take to be a Neil Kelly Design Consultant?
• Degree in architecture, interior design, interior architecture or housing design, preferred.
• Experience in residential kitchen and bath design, including cabinetry.
• Understanding of construction process.
• Strong portfolio of built design work.
• Strong sales skills and proven sales track record.
• Client references/referrals.
• Customer service and client interaction skills.
• Ability to work as a member of a team and independently.
• Self-motivated and entrepreneurial.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Able to pass a drug screening and abide by drug free workplace standards.
• Able to pass a criminal background and security check.
• Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet tight deadlines.
Neil Kelly is a nationally recognized residential design-build remodeling firm with multiple design centers serving clients throughout Oregon and Washington. Our vision puts heartfelt caring at its core—we care about our people, our clients and our planet. We are a Certified B Corporation, and have been ranked among the 100 Best Green Workplaces in Oregon. Neil Kelly is renowned for sustainable building and business practices. Our sound fiscal foundation enables us to do important work for both our clients and our communities for over seven decades.
Though we’re best known for award-winning home remodeling, Neil Kelly offers a comprehensive range of services for Northwest homeowners. We provide clients with the experience and capability to enhance the functionality, beauty and value of their homes. As one of the largest remodeling companies in the U.S., a second-generation family owned company with more than 35,000 completed jobs, Neil Kelly Company stands on a solid reputation of success.
Our employees take pride in working for a company built on a strong reputation of award winning designs, unparalleled craftsmanship and high quality client service. Our employees share a passion for residential design, commitment to quality, dedication to communication and collaboration, and an inspirational combination of teamwork and entrepreneurial spirit.
Neil Kelly is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Because of our commitment to ensuring the utmost safety and security for our clients and employees, we are a drug free workplace. Final candidates will be submitted for a background, reference check, and drug screen.