Want to become an Affiliated School? Join here.
The field of kitchen and bath design and remodeling is a thriving, $147 billion industry, with numerous job opportunities — and very few resources to train the professionals needed to fill these positions.
When you join the National Kitchen & Bath Association’s Affiliated Schools program, your institution will be recognized as a resource for students to train for this lucrative, creative field, and to the industry as a source of skilled, specialized professionals educated according to NKBA Standards and Guidelines. Students who graduate from an NKBA-affiliated school are uniquely qualified for the association’s certification examinations and employment in the kitchen and bath industry. With more than 13,000 NKBA member firms across North America looking for skilled professionals, your graduates will be on the fast track to a well-paying job with a future.
Among the valuable benefits your educational institution will reap from NKBA affiliation:
- Establishing credibility for your program;
- Combining theoretical learning with relevant industry knowledge;
- Providing a third-party review process that supports excellence in the construction, design, installation, and execution of kitchens/bathrooms;
- Ensuring kitchen/bath design projects meet health, safety and welfare guidelines established by the NKBA;
- Providing the framework of professional business practice;
- Preparing students for professional industry certification and administering the NKBA’s Associate Kitchen and Bath Designer (AKBD) exam;
- Discounts on NKBA publications, tools and student membership;
- Access to job and mentoring matching services through NKBA’s web site.
Affiliation also increases professional development opportunities for your faculty, provides research and scholarship opportunities for your school, and gives individuals and the institution exposure on the award-winning NKBA web site, which attracts more than 500,000 visitor sessions a year, averaging 6.6 pages per session. Affiliated schools can take advantage of nationwide marketing campaigns, and receive the association’s support in forming an NKBA student chapter on campus which may be eligible for an annual grant of up to $500 to help fund student-chapter activities.
Ultimately, the goal of any educational institution is to prepare its students for the next level in their journey, whether it’s moving on to the next level of schooling or training, or a real-life professional opportunity. NKBA affiliation gives your school an advantage in propelling your students toward a burgeoning career in a flourishing field.
Become an Affiliated School
Ellen Cheever Student Certification Scholarship
Interested in giving your students an AKBD scholarship? Click here to learn more.