HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE NOMINATION
Each year, the NKBA looks to recognize professionals who have made a significant and enduring contribution to the development of the kitchen and bath industry by inducting them into the Kitchen and Bath Industry Hall of Fame. We honor those who discovered or created a “game changing” product or process that significantly advanced kitchen and bath industry. Without these inductees and their contributions, the industry and our lives would not be the same. We owe these leaders our gratitude for providing us with inspiration and for laying the foundation for what is yet to come.
Individuals selected for induction will join other honored industry members including inventors, business leaders, designers and educators – some of the most outstanding people in our industry. As a voting member of the NKBA, you have the power to nominate someone you believe has made a key difference in our industry.
Hall of Fame nominees must have contributed in a significant way, either nationally or globally, to the growth and professionalism of the kitchen and bath industry or industry organizations including but not limited to the NKBA.
Nominees should have made significant contributions, beyond having successful businesses or careers, that have notably helped advance the interests and image of kitchen and bath design and the industry.
Hall of Fame nominees should:
- Have forever changed the industry by developing an innovative product or manufacturing process that significantly improved a product or process
- Have a long history in the industry
- Be a promoter of the industry to the business community and to consumers
- Be a visionary by identifying and articulating opportunity in the kitchen or bath industry
- Contribute to change via Board-level leadership or other important capacities in the NKBA or other industry organizations
- Play a key role in industry relations by bringing people together
- Have a national and global perspective
- Have an unimpeachable record of integrity and respect
A. Industry Contributions
- Made significant contributions by serving in leadership positions of city, state, national and/or international associations or other industry-related groups
- Demonstrated support of worthy causes that helped advance the industry and/or boost its image
- Played a key role in supporting industry relations with elected leaders, regulators, and other industry groups
- Contributed to the education or professional development of the industry
- Demonstrated leadership skills in administrative and policy areas that helped advance the industry’s objectives
- Provided significant support for industry initiatives and programs
- Promoted awareness of the industry’s many positive contributions to the nation’s economy and quality of life
C. Corporate Citizenship
- Provided leadership in corporate citizenship/social responsibility and has been recognized for leading by example
- Supported worthy causes that have had positive impacts on industry professionals and/or boosted the industry’s image through the support of these social causes
- Provided a means or a program to educate industry professionals in sound corporate citizenship as part of his/her overall responsibility to the community
- In order to be considered for recommendation, nomination forms must be completed in their entirety; incomplete forms will be disqualified.
- Pre-written or duplicated forms drafted or completed by someone other than the individual signing and submitting the nomination is not permissible and will result in a disqualification.
- Each selection is based on the merit of the nominee, not by the number of nominations.
- Nomination entries submitted by groups, such as chapters, will be considered as one nomination.
- Only nominations made by NKBA voting members will be considered; nominations from any members of a nominee’s immediate family will not be accepted.
- The Hall of Fame Committee will review and complete an evaluation for each nominee.
- Submissions should be about 250 words.
Nominations received by the deadline will be reviewed and discussed by the selection committee. Following the notification to the Board of Directors, letters of congratulations are mailed to the inductees. An acknowledgement notice is sent to the members who submitted the nomination form for the new inductees.
SUBMISSION – Complete your nomination by filling out the online form below..
Nominations must be received by the NKBA by 5:00pm Eastern, October 31, 2018. Forms received after this date will not be considered.
The NKBA maintains a photo gallery of all Hall of Fame members at its headquarters. In addition, inductees will receive national recognition on NKBA.org, in the NKBA Innovation + Inspiration Magazine, and at KBIS.
Direct any questions to NKBA at (800) THE-NKBA (843-6522) or by email to email@example.com.
Please consider nominating a kitchen or bath industry professional who has contributed in a significant way to the growth and professionalism of our industry, industry organizations, including but not limited to the NKBA.