The NKBA honored the top independent and multi-location showrooms during its Design Competition and Industry Awards ceremonies at KBIS 2019. By Dianne M. Pogoda
Among the often-unsung heroes of the kitchen and bath world are the showrooms that collaborate with designers, manufacturers and installers to put together the vignettes that inspire consumers and creators alike, and make sure the orders arrive where and when they’re supposed to.
These annual showroom awards, presented publicly for the first time during the Design Competition and Industry Awards ceremonies at KBIS 2019, included categories for small, medium and large Independents, and medium and large multi-location showrooms. From among these winners, the best overall showroom was honored. They were selected on what makes the space innovative, whether there’s something unique about the space that contributes to this innovation, and how the showroom encourages customer engagement.
Awards host Kelli Ellis handed out the trophies.
Starting with Independent Retail Showrooms with one to five locations:
- Best Small Independent Showroom, between 1,000 and 2,500 square feet: Sunnyfields Cabinetry.
- Best Medium Independent Showroom, between 2,500 and 5,000 square feet: ABC Worldwide Stone.
- Best Large Independent Showroom, 5,000 square feet and larger: Greenbrook Design Kitchen & Bath Home Center.
For Multi-Location Retail Showrooms with six or more locations:
- Best Medium Multi-Location Showroom, 1,000 to 5,000 square feet: Mid-South Building Supply— Ashburn Cabinetry Design Center.
- Best Large Multi-Location Showroom, over 5,000 square feet: Bender Showrooms.
The final award, for Best Overall Showroom, went to Sunnyfields Cabinetry.
The showroom awards were judged by Kathryn Given, Senior Design and Market Editor, Luxe Interiors + Design magazine; Pamela McNally, VP of Digital, Sandow Media; Chelsie Butler, Executive Editor at Kitchen & Bath Business Magazine; and two NKBA Insiders, Rebekah Zaveloff, CKD, Co-Founder + Director of Design, KitchenLab Interiors, and Ryan Herd, CEO, 1 Sound Choice.