The Certified Master Kitchen & Bath Designer® (CMKBD) is a program that recognizes noteworthy experience and achievements in the kitchen and bath industry. Candidates for CMKBD must possess their CKBD certification or CKD and CBD certification, and have two (2) years of experience beyond CKBD certification for a minimum of seven (7) years of industry experience.
Candidates applying for the CMKBD certification are required to have their CKBD certification prior to applying. Candidates must have two (2) years of experience beyond initial CKBD certification, for a minimum of seven (7) years of industry experience. Four (4) years of this additional experience must be from full-time kitchen/bath design.
All applicants must also earn a minimum requirement of NKBA education hours, NKBA-approved college coursework and/or CMKBD requirements. Education must be completed before the candidate’s application for certification can be approved. Courses should be documented accurately on the application.
How to Apply for Certification
- Review the Kitchen & Bath Certification Guidebook. Then print the applicable pages for the certification you are seeking.
- Review the education and experience requirements to ensure your eligibility. You may contact Member Engagement at (800) 843-6522 to confirm your education hours. Visit the NKBA Store to enroll in courses
- Complete the application and include all applicable documentation
- Include the application fee of $459
- Once your application has been reviewed, you will receive an official notice regarding the status of your application
CMKBD candidates will be assessed in a portfolio-style application submission. To obtain CMKBD certification, candidates must submit proof of meeting requirements to demonstrate contributions in four areas of concentration:
- Meeting Functional Requirements
- Engaging with the Industry
- Promoting Professionalism
- Cultivating New talent